CALL FOR ENTRY
5th Louisiana Biennial: The Art of the Poster
National Juried Exhibition
This exhibition is Louisiana Tech University School of Design’s first juried show to focus on Poster Art in the 21st century. Artists whose work explores the dynamic and expressive potential of the poster in contemporary art, illustration and graphic design are invited to submit work to juror Celene Aubry, Associate Director and Manager, Hatch Show Print in Nashville, Tennessee. All processes for poster design and output are eligible for submission. Subject matter is open. Special interest will be given to work that speaks to the important role that means of production plays in excellence of design. Entries must be original artwork in both concept and execution, and no portion may be of another artist’s published or copyrighted work. Cash awards for Best in Show, Juror’s Choice, and Honorable Mentions.
Juror Biography: Celene Aubry is the Associate Director and Manager at Hatch Show Print, the legendary letterpress print shop continuously operating since 1879 in Nashville, Tennessee. Hatch got its start printing handbills and posters for a variety of entertainers throughout the South. Today, Hatch continues to function as a press—printing custom posters for musicians and events all over the world—while also showcasing print-centric art in their gallery and offering hands-on tours and workshops from their education space.
July 1 – September 19, 2018 Submission period (deadline: Sept. 19, 11:59pm Central Time)
September 24, 2018 Juror decision notice sent
October 22, 2018 Work due to galleries
October 30 – December 4, 2018 Exhibition Dates
Submission limited to 3-5 works
Submission Fees: 1-3 works $30, 4-5 works: $35
Visit http://artlatech.slideroom.com to submit
Visit https://support.slideroom.com for online image/video prep help
- Suggested image settings for best possible quality and ease of viewing for juror:
– .jpg file format
– sRGB color profile
– 1024 x 768 pixels for image files
– image submissions should not be larger than 5mb
- All entries must be created by the artist(s) submitting work within the past 5 years. Artists must be 18 years of age or older.
- Monetary values for each work must be given for insurance purposes. Louisiana Tech University does not handle art sales. Any inquiries will be forwarded to the artist.
- Entries must be original artwork in both concept and execution, and no portion may be of another artist’s published or copyrighted work. Original size is left to the artists discretion.
- Accepted artists must sign an Exhibition Contract.
- Louisiana Tech University reserves the right to reproduce submitted images for all media and publicity purposes.
- No more than 5 entries are allowed.
- A non-refundable submission fee of $30 for up to 3 entries or $35 for 5 entries is required. Submission fees must be paid online at the time of entry.
- There will be two submission areas at artlatech.slideroom.com, allowing individuals to choose between submitting 3 or 5 images. Choose the submission that reflects the number of entries you wish to submit; artists cannot submit to both.
- Online entry must be complete to be accepted. Submission via http://artlatech.slideroom.com will serve as artist’s signature and agreement to all terms and conditions. Accepted artists will also receive an exhibition agreement at a later date.
- Application materials must be received via http://artlatech.slideroom.com no later than 11:59pm (central) on September 19, 2018
- Communication regarding acceptance will be done via email. Please do not call to inquire about submissions.
Artists are responsible for shipping both ways. Work must be packed in sturdy, reusable boxes with proper protection (at least 1 inch of proper packing material between box and artwork). Return shipping must be prepaid and enclosed with artwork or sent to the gallery at least 1 week prior to the closing of the exhibition. Do not use packing peanuts. Louisiana Tech University is not responsible for any damage incurred in transit. Shipping insurance is encouraged.
Gallery Director: Nicole Duet, firstname.lastname@example.org, 318.257.3681