Interested in designing video games? Are you a developer or an artist/designer or just interested in games? This is the event to attend!!
—> 4rd Annual 48hr LaTech Game Jam
Where: School of Design – FJ Taylor Visual Arts Building, 1 Mayfield Ave., Ruston, LA 71272
When: March 29 (5pm) – March 31 (4pm)
– Free Food all weekend, Awards, T-shirts, and Door Prizes for ParticipantsWhat is a Game Jam?
It is where designers and developers come together to create a video game in 48 hrs.
• A theme is announced at the beginning of the event and teams will need to build a video game based off of that theme.
• Around 4-5pm Sunday Afternoon (based on number of entrants) we will have judges come around to play all of the games
• At the end of the event awards will be handed out to the top games
• There will be a theme announced on Friday at the beginning of the event and teams will need to create a game based on that theme
• Use whatever tools, software, game making software that you are most comfortable with (Unity is the best Game Engine to use but use whatever works for you)
• You will need to bring your own computer, wacom tablets, paper, pencils, coffee, food, snacks, etc…
• Come with a team of 2 (programmer/designer) or if not with a partner then we will match you up with a team (max number of team members – 2)
• Judges will play games to give awards
• From 4-5pm (after judging complete and awards handed out) all will be allowed to play each others games
• We will all be able to help each other whether it is with design/art or CS so don’t be intimidated. Come to learn, be challenged, and have FUN!
Please register by saying you are “going” on the FB event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1993958180900399/
Please “share” the event on FB and Twitter. I’ll try to keep a running video log and social media postings throughout the event
Invite your friends. BE PREPARED to work HARD, be CREATIVE, and have a ton of FUN!!!
If there are any questions please email: email@example.com