ASSISTANT PROFESSOR in Studio Art | SCHOOL OF DESIGN | LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY
Tenure Track Position: Assistant Professor of Studio Art in Foundation/Core Studio. The successful candidate will be committed to teaching drawing, life drawing and 2D Foundations. Applicants who have experience with video and new media are highly desirable.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Compensation includes full benefits.
Deadline: Feb 15, 2017
Start Date: September 1, 2017
- Responsibilities include teaching 7 courses (10 week quarter system) per academic year.
- The candidate will teach courses in Beginning Drawing, 2-D Design, Color Design, and Introduction to Time-Based Media.
- Serve on graduate student committees
- Pursue professional research and exhibition record
- Advise undergraduate Studio Art students
- Participate in development of the Studio Art Program
- Assist with management and maintenance of facilities
- Engage in service to the School, University, community, and professional organizations
- MFA in Art; Degree conferred before September 2017.
- Strong foundations experience and willingness to teach in the core
- A comprehensive working knowledge of traditional, observation-based drawing and alternative drawing methods is strongly preferred
- Areas of specialization may include sound, interactive media, animation, video, or web art.
- University/college teaching experience beyond a graduate teaching assistant preferred
- Exhibition record demonstrating professional recognition of creative work
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of art history and critical theory
- Knowledge of, and experience with Adobe Creative Suite software
Application Must Include:
- Letter of intent stating qualifications for position
- One page artist statement
- One page teaching philosophy
- Names for three references: title, e-mail address, and phone number
- 20 digital images in a PDF format representing artwork
- 20 digital images in a PDF format representing student work
- Image list of personal and student work, stating media, dimensions, and dates
- Unofficial graduate transcripts
- Submit the above files to the job listing at: http://artlatech.slideroom.com
- All application materials must be sent digitally
Applications will be reviewed immediately and continue until the position is filled. Complete description at www.design.latech.edu/jobs
Louisiana Tech University is a member of the University of Louisiana System. AA/EOE/WMA